Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dreaming Vividly

The crack of the belt as it snapped into my flesh surprised me more than I thought it would. I hadn’t been that long in the real scheme of things since the last time I felt the searing pain, but I felt in that moment like I’d counted the breaths till then.
The room seemed to in hold its breath as the leather strap swung through the air again. I didn’t hear the sound this time but the red covered my eyes and I felt my back arch. Exhale inhale don’t hold it you know how to do this; I coached myself through the once familiar pain now digging its claws into my brain. Warmth flooded me, my thoughts started and stopped randomly waiting for the next, and it came three times, not once. The cry that escaped my lips felt foreign and I wondered who else was with us until I stopped and I realized it was me. The shaking started somewhere else and crept into me. There should be more talking; I thought as the belt came down again. Time stood still as I tried to stay standing. The floor was comforting as my head swam in pleasure, a deep dark warm place that I was alone in. Ask for help I told myself and arms wrapped around me.

No comments: