Perspective
There is nothing in this world that cannot be overcome, except death.
Nothing.
If we don’t get what we want, maybe it’s what we are not supposed to have. Maybe we need to learn more, grow more, before then. Maybe we need to work harder for it.
Maybe we have something important to do here, before more and better and bigger.
There is so much trivial bullshit and so little meaningful connection. I am going to work on reversing that. I will flow through the trivial nonsense. I won’t listen to it from others. I won’t bring it into my life. I am willing to work as hard as it takes to get where I want, to do a good job, to raise my kids, to accomplish my goals and to love as fiercely as I possibly can.
Aren't we already working hard enough? Can I really do more?
I cherish each and every day.
We never know how long we have, so why worry.
Today, Jodi’s obituary was published and I can exhale. I skip to the end and see that a “Celebration of Life” will be July 13th and I can inhale again.
The needs of the living are important. We love her. I reread and notice the list and include myself in the “hearts that were touched”. I miss her.
“don't fool yourself
in thinking you're more than you are
with your arms outstretched to me
now its 16 miles to the promised land
and I promise you I’m doing the best I can
now some days, they last longer than others
but this day by the lake went too fast
and if you want me, you better speak up I won't wait
so you better move fast” “With Arms Outstretched” Rilo Kiley
No comments:
Post a Comment