Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We are more for what we cannot be.

It’s beautiful, the things you do, the ways you move the words around it.
I know, it’s too real to just go through.
It’s too soul-crushing to know how human we are,
how insignificant to most
how huge to them.

Perspective gained in thought and reaction
trying snapshots of time on for fit and size
before we commit to hang it up
print it off

And I think that you are more
and better and stronger and fiercer
because you can admit that you can’t
we all can't sometimes
most of the time, actually

I’d rent a billboard and megaphone
to announce to the world
that I can’t just so they know
just so they don’t expect more and
so they’re excited sometimes

I’d close doors forever and forget about things like shoes
if I could forget how much I love
love and spring and the sun
oh god I miss the sun
and you, I miss you

and love you
and believe in you
to know yourself
your depth of love
and your cannots
so you can

3/19/08 -ks

No comments: